Kyle Verret is a native of Southeast Texas. In 2005, Kyle graduated from the University of Houston Law Center. Soon after passing the Texas Bar Exam, Kyle began his career in criminal law at the Brazoria County Criminal District Attorney’s Office.
While a prosecutor, Kyle represented the State at trial in juvenile, misdemeanor, felony, and civil cases. Kyle also represented the State before the First and Fourteenth Courts of Appeals in Houston.
Since leaving the District Attorney’s Office and going into private practice, Kyle has defended clients in courts in Brazoria, Galveston, Fort Bend, Harris and Jefferson County, Texas in felony and misdemeanor charges. Kyle has also represented clients on their appeals before various Texas Courts of Appeals and the highest criminal court in the State of Texas, the Court of Criminal Appeals. Kyle has also sought review of a client’s case from the Supreme Court of the United States.
Kyle also represents people in divorce and family law proceedings in the State of Texas. Kyle has represented clients in a variety of family law matters including lawsuits involving child custody, property division, and protective orders.
Kyle is Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Brazoria County Criminal District Attorney’s Office, 2005-2010
- Liberty Mutual Insurance, 2011-2012
- Nguyen Jazrawi & Chen PLLC, Of Counsel Attorney, 2015 – Present
- The Law Office of Kyle Verret, PLLC, 2010-2011, 2012-Present
Courts of Admission
- Supreme Court of Texas
- Southern District of Texas
- Eastern District of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
Professional Association Memberships
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Brazoria County Bar Association
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar College